Today, enterprises are having difficulty in forecasting and managing their AWS cloud spend accurately due to the lack of visibility and archaic cost optimization approaches. AWS offers hundreds of services across multiple regions with different contract terms resulting in thousands of different combinations. It is challenging to harness the AWS cost, usage, and pricing data to accurately report historical spending across dimensions like services, regions, accounts, and tags, reconcile with the budgets, as well as forecast current, planned, and migration spending.
Gaining control of your historical and planned AWS cloud spending:
- Improves the visibility of costs at granular level: services, cost centers, users, etc.
- Provides a complete view of cloud costs to serve across the organization.
- Improves the accuracy of forecasts and optimizes the use of resources.
- Connects drivers such as sales, employees, products, and projects to the cloud spend.
- Reduces the budget variance.
- Enables tracking usage at a granular level, i.e., user, cost center, effective monitoring, management, and accountability.