San Francisco, June 24, 2015 – Anaplan announced today that it has appointed former Ariba CEO, Bob Calderoni, to its board of directors.
Calderoni is currently a senior advisor to Silver Lake Partners and was the chairman and CEO of Ariba, a cloud-based software company, from 2001 until its acquisition by SAP in 2012 for nearly $5 billion. Having held leadership roles at IBM and Apple, as well as serving as CFO at Avery Dennison and Ariba, Calderoni brings to Anaplan over 30 years of executive experience in the technology industry. In addition to Anaplan, Calderoni serves on the boards of several high-profile public and private technology companies, including Juniper Networks, KLA-Tencor, Citrix Systems, and Sitecore.
“We’re excited to welcome Bob to the Anaplan board,” said Anaplan CEO Fred Laluyaux. “Bob brings us extremely valuable insights from his experience leading Ariba through significant growth and as a public company.”
“I’m honored to contribute to the direction of Anaplan as it continues its prolific international growth,”said Calderoni. “Anaplan has created the new category of ‘enterprise planning and performance optimization’ by eliminating the pain of managing planning processes in spreadsheets. The company’s long-term vision and proven execution capability gives it a very large market potential.”
Calderoni joins Anaplan following several significant company milestones this year:
- Showcased as a company re-imagining enterprise computing in the KPCB Internet Trends 2015 Report
- Increased bookings at a growth rate of 230 percent last year, driven by a 91 percent growth in customers in that same period
- Annual Hub15 user conferences, featuring our customers and partners, rolls out across seven locations, including San Francisco, London, Moscow, and Singapore
- Global employee growth up 40 percent from January 2015
- New offices opened in Australia, Russia, and Malaysia, expanding the company’s global reach to 38 locations in 10 countries
Learn more about Anaplan’s team and board here.
Anaplan is the planning cloud for Sales, Operations, Finance, and HR. We built our platform from the ground up to empower you to plan, collaborate, and act—in real-time. Anaplan enables you to deploy easy-to-use applications to solve complex planning challenges across your organization. Stay ahead of critical business events, rapidly model potential impacts, and course correct on the fly. Anaplan is a privately held company, headquartered in San Francisco, CA with global offices on four continents. To learn more, visit anaplan.com. Join us on twitter: @anaplan