Anaplan Continues Hyper-Growth with 134% Revenue Increase
San Francisco, September 8, 2015
– Anaplan, the enterprise planning cloud company, today announced 134% year-over-year revenue growth for the first half of its fiscal year ending January 20161
. This growth is fueled by a rapidly expanding global customer base that has migrated away from spreadsheets and outdated planning technologies.
- Revenue grew 134% year-over-year in the first half of fiscal 2016.
- Anaplan users increased over 160% year-over-year, to over 50,000.
- Doubled employees to over 500 worldwide located in 14 offices across 10 countries.
- Global customer base of over 325 now extends across 21 countries.
- Mary Meeker featured Anaplan as a company to watch in her annual “Internet Trends 2015” report.
- Named a “Visionary” by Gartner in two Magic Quadrants for Corporate Performance Management (CPM)2 and Sales Performance Management (SPM)3.
- Anaplan’s Hub Conferences expanded to seven cities globally, with four more this year in Stockholm, Amsterdam, London, and Paris.
- Anaplan’s App Hub offers over 100 planning apps built by Anaplan and partners, with approximately 60% representing partner apps.
“Digital disruption has meant that businesses now have to plan and optimize performance in real-time to stay competitive,” said Anaplan CEO Frederic Laluyaux. “Large and fast-growing companies are choosing Anaplan because our enterprise architecture enables planning at scale across the entire enterprise.”
Companies, such as Kimberly Clark, HP, Intel Security, Pandora, and DocuSign use Anaplan to eliminate spreadsheet-intensive processes and inflexible traditional planning systems. "There is a major shift going on and Anaplan is at the forefront," said Forrester business apps analyst Paul Hamerman. "It appears to be the fastest-growing vendor in this space and the one which already has good traction with large companies."4
Anaplan’s patented Hyperblock is an in-memory technology able to manage trillions of cells and thousands of users across a virtually unlimited number of planning scenarios. This flexibility and scalability is augmented by the Anaplan App Hub, where customers can access over 100 pre-built planning apps that span planning scenarios across the entire business.
“True north for us is to have everyone in some way, shape, or form in Anaplan,” said Dennis Sevilla, Director of Strategic Planning at DocuSign, a global leader in digital transaction. “That goes from workforce planning, finance, HR, and recruiting working together, to every business partner. At any point in time, anyone can see what’s going on within the business and why.”
To date Anaplan has raised $150MM in venture capital, the latest round led by DFJ Growth, with investments from Brookside Capital, Coatue Management, Granite Ventures, Meritech Capital Partners, Sands Capital Management, salesforce.com (NYSE: CRM), Shasta Ventures, and Workday (NYSE: WDAY).
1. For the period spanning February 1, 2015 through July 31, 2015
2. Gartner “Magic Quadrant for Corporate Performance Management Suites” by Christopher Iervolino and John E. Van Decker, April 2, 2015.
3. Gartner “Magic Quadrant for Sales Performance Management” by Tad Travis, January 6, 2015.
4. Reuters, July 28, 2015, “Anaplan targets SAP, Oracle in fast-growing business planning market”