Anaplan strengthens market position with over 100% annual revenue increase
As its customer base grows across a diverse range of industries, Anaplan expands to meet global demand
- Global enterprise customer base grew to 430, an increase of 75%.
- Users increased 90% year-over-year to 70,000.
- $90 million capital raised at a $1.1 billion valuation.
- Employee headcount grew 80% to 575 worldwide in 15 countries, including new operations in India, China and Japan.
Anaplan’s customer wins during the past 12 months include global companies representing a broad range of industries and markets, such as: CareerBuilder, Chevron Corporation, Dairy Farmers of America, Gatwick Airport, GrubHub, Schneider Electric, Tata Steel, Ticket Monster, Zillow Group, and new AXA entities.
“Enterprise companies are evolving to conduct business at digital speeds. This is a winner takes all market and winners have accelerated decision-making cycles,” said R ‘Ray’ Wang, Founder and CEO of Constellation Research. “At the heart of this transition is strategic business software that enables companies to model the future and continuously adjust when changes hit and opportunities arise.”
Fiscal year 2016 held continued growth for Anaplan. Key milestones and business highlights include:
- Several industry leaders joined Anaplan, including CMO Grant Halloran, CFO James Budge, and CRO Paul Melchiorre. Additionally, Bob Calderoni and Sandesh Patnam were appointed as directors of the board.
- A new, updated Anaplan App Hub was unveiled, featuring 120+ industry-specific apps from Anaplan, partners, and customers.
- Launched new portfolios of planning apps for Marketing, Human Resources, and Supply Chain to enable companies to deploy Anaplan into every area of the business.
- Seven signature HUB conferences were hosted across the globe, attended by more than 3,000 enterprise planners.
- Five major Anaplan platform releases were announced, offering enhancements and improved tools for model builders.
- Fast Company named Anaplan to its Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Enterprise Software for 2016.
- Gartner named Anaplan a Visionary in the Magic Quadrant for Corporate Performance Management (CPM) Suites2 and a Challenger in the Magic Quadrant for Sales Performance Management (SPM)3.
- Mary Meeker featured Anaplan as a company to watch in her annual “Internet Trends 2015” report.
Anaplan is the enterprise planning cloud company. Anaplan brings together an unrivaled planning and modeling engine, collaboration in the cloud, and a simple interface for business users. Anaplan customers can choose from over 100 pre-built planning apps from the Anaplan App Hub or easily build their own apps. Anaplan is a privately held company, headquartered in San Francisco, CA, with global offices on four continents. To learn more, visit anaplan.com. Follow us on Twitter: @anaplan
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
1. For the period spanning February 1, 2015 through January 31, 2016
2. Gartner “Magic Quadrant for Corporate Performance Management Suites” by Christopher Iervolino and John E. Van Decker, April 2, 2015
3. Gartner “Magic Quadrant for Sales Performance Management” by Tad Travis, January 21, 2016