Annual revenue growth of 80%+ and 95%+ retention rate
San Francisco, August 24, 2016
, the leading planning and performance management platform, announced today that it has surpassed $100 million revenue run-rate and reached cash flow break-even for the first time in the company’s history since going to market four years ago. Revenue grew over 80% year-over-year, driven by new customer wins across more than 20 countries, which increased Anaplan’s global user base to 100,000. The company also reached cash flow break-even a year ahead of schedule, even as it grew its global workforce by 35% year-over-year to 600, and opened new offices in London and Hong Kong.
“The first half of 2016 has been a time of record-breaking sales results that demonstrated the impressive fundamentals of Anaplan’s business, along with increasing global demand for our planning and performance management platform,” said James Budge, Anaplan CFO and Co-President. “In addition to attracting new Global 2000 clients, we also achieved industry-high retention rates.”
From supply-and-demand balancing to financial planning and human resources modeling, Anaplan’s platform is being used by a rapidly growing number of Global 2000 companies, including: Coty, Inc., Del Monte, Gatwick Airport, Lamoda Group, and Louis Vuitton.
"Financial planning and analysis is always at the center of attention, particularly in large organizations like ours,” said Luke Beben, CFO at Lamoda Group. “The fashion industry is very dynamic, so we were looking for a platform that could keep up with our pace and allow our business to be fully in charge of the planning processes. We chose Anaplan for its ability to deliver a single real-time, cloud-based environment for planning and optimizing anticipated business performance.”
Other 2016 highlights include:
- Anaplan’s San Francisco Hub16 conference attracted more than 1,300 technology innovators, analysts, business executives, and Anaplan partners from Deloitte, Kellogg Company, P&G, Tyco International, and United Airlines.
- Mary Meeker named Anaplan as a pioneer of “Organization-Wide Analytics,” one of 2016’s key enterprise trends featured in her annual Internet Trends Report.
- Gartner named Anaplan a Visionary in the Strategic Corporate Performance Management Magic Quadrant1 and a Challenger in the Sales Performance Management Magic Quadrant2.
- Forrester named Anaplan as a Breakout Vendor in SaaS business applications3.
- Singapore CIOs voted Anaplan as the best-in-class integrated business planning platform.
“The enterprise SaaS software market continues to grow at breakneck speeds for software solutions that are easy to use and grow over time to meet their customers’ requirements. In the enterprise planning and performance market, customers seek solutions that are both easy to use and reliable in terms of delivering accurate planning models across all aspects of their organization. This capability is core to every business function, not just finance,” commented R “Ray” Wang, principal analyst and CEO of Constellation Research.
Anaplan is the leading planning and performance management platform for smart businesses. Anaplan delivers an unrivaled planning and modeling engine, predictive analytics, collaboration in the cloud, and a simple interface for business users. Anaplan is a privately held company headquartered in San Francisco, CA, with offices in 15 countries. To learn more, visit anaplan.com
. Follow us on: Twitter
, and Facebook
1. Gartner “Magic Quadrant for Strategic Corporate Performance Management” by Chris Iervolino and John Van Decker, May 31, 2016.
2.Gartner “Magic Quadrant for Sales Performance Management” by Tad Travis, January 6, 2015.
3.Forrester “Breakout Vendors: SaaS Business Applications” by Paul Hamerman, May 10, 2016.