Do you know what to look for in demand planning software? Download our demand planning buyer’s kit
Anaplan for Demand Planning
Make demand planning decisions at
the speed of business
Steer business performance by connecting
data, people, and plans
Today’s market can shift in a matter of minutes. Demand planners have to be ready to adjust their plans when the moment strikes.
Demand planning with Anaplan enables supply chain leaders to sense and drive demand instead of merely reacting to the market. With a cloud-based planning platform, a clear view of all relevant internal and external factors is incorporated into the demand forecast, so that organizations can steer clear of stock-outs, excess inventory, and wasted capital. Instead of making decisions based only on historical data, planners can make informed decisions at the speed of business.
Learn more with these related pieces
Demand Planning Software Use Cases
Trade Promotion Planning
Anaplan’s comprehensive trade promotion planning capabilities make it easy to manage promotion budgets, plan collaboratively at both the aggregate and detail levels, and easily add promotions, campaigns, and products as your plans evolve. With Anaplan, promotion planners have the flexibility to adjust models and calculations as the market changes.
- Improve promotion plan accuracy and collaboration with flexible promotion modeling and performance analysis
- Maximize trade promotion effectivity by planning tradeoffs in lift versus trade spending
- Define optimal trade promotion strategies and budgets integrated with promotion plans in one application
- Enable cross-enterprise promotion alignment that incorporates P&L data
- Track ROI to eliminate ineffective promotions
Product portfolio management
- Easily manage product lifecycles with a real-time view of the portfolio
- See the effects of new product introductions on the portfolio
- Manage the effects of product end-of-life, attach rates, and cannibalization
Statistical Supply Chain Forecasting
- Forecast quantity, prices, attach rates, and discounts
- Plan for seasonality, intermittent demand, and multi-linear regression
- Enable demand planners to fine-tune and test multiple scenarios against each other
New Product Launch Planning
- Seamlessly collaborate with customers and distributors to create accurate demand forecasts and budgets for new product launches.
- Accelerate the idea-to-commercialization cycle by connecting the ideation funnel to feasibility models and scenario-based profitability modeling.
- Build a forecasting model that is sufficiently granular to reflect how and when different market segments in different geographies might purchase the product and at what price.
“It used to take us five days to react to demand changes. Now, with Anaplan, it takes us less than five minutes to come up with the necessary adjustments in production.”
- RK Del Rosario,
Supply Chain Planning Manager, Del Monte
“Understanding the impact of scenarios on our business performance is a critical component of long-term success.”
- Eleanor Thornhill,
Head of Online Financial Strategy and Performance, Satsuma
“We don’t like constraints—if we see a better way to do something, we want to be able to change it. That’s one of the reasons why the flexibility of the Anaplan platform stuck out for us.”
- Chiara Guglielmetti,
FP&A Manager, Booking.com