Effective date: May 10, 2021
Information on the Websites is collected in two ways:
- Indirectly (for example, through the Websites’ technology)
- Directly (for example, when you provide information on various pages of the Websites)
One example of information we collect indirectly is through our Internet access logs. As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically. This information may include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring /exit pages, the files viewed on our site (e.g., HTML pages, graphics, etc.), operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data to analyze trends in the aggregate and administer the site.
We partner with third parties to either display advertising on our Websites or to manage our advertising on other sites. Our third party partner may use technologies such as cookies to gather information about your activities on this site and other sites in order to provide you advertising based upon your browsing activities and interests. If you wish to not have this information used for the purpose of serving you interest-based ads, you may learn more about how to opt-out by clicking (or if located in the European Union click here). Please note this does not opt you out of being served all ads. You will continue to receive generic ads.
We also collect information when you voluntarily submit it to us such as your first name, last name, email address, phone number, job title and company name. Throughout our Websites, we provide the opportunity to register for an event or conference, order a white paper, or participate in an online survey. When we collect this type of information, we will notify you as to why we are asking for information and how this information will be used. It is completely up to you whether or not you want to provide it.
We may occasionally send newsletters or marketing communications out to those who have registered at our Websites, including our users. We provide you the opportunity to opt out of such emails by following the directions provided in these emails.
Data submitted through the Anaplan Platform
How we use personal information
We use this information to: determine what is most effective about our Websites and marketing, assist in product marketing, help us identify ways to improve our Websites and marketing, and determine how we can tailor the Websites to make them more effective. We may also use personal information for other purposes, which we would describe to you at the point we collect the information.
How we share personal information
- As a global organization, data we collect may be transferred internationally throughout Anaplan’s worldwide organization. We will not sell individual information and will share it only as outlined in this Policy. We may share your information with service providers such as our hosting, email service, analytics, customer service, event or campaign management providers. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us or on our behalf. Before you submit any information, we will notify you as to why we are asking for specific information and it is up to you whether or not you want to provide it.
- We may also partner with other companies that offer products or services related to ours or that host or sponsor related events. We may share your information with these business partners if you express interest in such products, services or events If you provide your personal information to event sponsors at their booths or presentations, you should review their privacy policies to learn how they use personal information.
- We may also disclose your personal information as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process and when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request or to any third party with your consent to do so. We will have no duty to notify you of such compliance with local law where applicable.
- If Anaplan is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Websites of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
- Anaplan will not use or share your personal information in ways unrelated to those described above without first notifying you and offering you a choice as to whether or not we may use your personal information in a different manner.
What about sensitive personal information?
We do not generally seek to collect sensitive personal data through the Websites. If we do seek to collect such data, we will ask you to consent to our proposed uses of the data. We may also collect some sensitive personal data incidentally. By providing us with unsolicited sensitive personal data, you consent to our using the data subject to applicable law as described in this Policy. The references to “sensitive personal data” are to the various categories of personal data identified by European and other data privacy laws as requiring special treatment, including in some circumstances the need to obtain explicit consent. These categories comprise personal identity numbers, personal data about personality and private life, racial or ethnic origin, nationality, political opinions, membership of political parties or movements, religious, philosophical or other similar beliefs, membership of a trade union or profession or trade association, physical or mental health, genetic code, addictions, sexual life, property matters or criminal record (including information about suspected criminal activities).
Your access to your personal information
You are entitled to know whether we hold information about you and, if we do, to have access to that information and require it to be corrected if it is inaccurate. If your personal information changes, or if you no longer desire our service, you may correct, update, amend, delete/remove, or deactivate it by contacting us at [email protected]. For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the personal information associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will respond to your request to access within 30 business days.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
What about data security?
We take appropriate steps to maintain the security of your data on the Websites and follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. You should understand that the open nature of the Internet is such that data may flow over networks without security measures and may be accessed and used by people other than those for whom the data is intended. If you have any questions about security or any reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of your account has been compromised), please contact us at priv[email protected].
EU-U.S. Transfer of Personal Data
Anaplan, Inc. is responsible for the processing of EU personal data it receives pursuant to the European Commission’s Standard Contract Clauses, which are incorporated into Anaplan’s Data Processing Addendum.
While Anaplan also adheres to the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield and the Swiss-US Privacy Shield Frameworks, Anaplan no longer relies on the Privacy Shield Frameworks as a legal basis for transfers of personal data in light of invalidation by the Court of Justice of the European Union and the Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner (FDPIC) of Switzerland. For more information, visit the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Privacy Shield List and https://www.privacyshield.gov/Program-Overview.
If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact our U.S.-based third party dispute resolution provider (free of charge) at https://feedback-form.truste.com/watchdog/request.
Links to Third Party Sites
We display personal testimonials of satisfied customers on our site in addition to other endorsements. With your consent we may post your testimonial along with your name. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, please contact us at [email protected].
Our Websites offer publicly accessible blogs or community forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. Please contact us to request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
Social Media Widgets
International Transfer of Data.
Some of Anaplan’s products and services may be advertised by third parties. In the U.S. and other jurisdictions with similar laws, we will only share your personal information if you have not expressed your preference by opting out of having your information shared. In countries that are members of the European Union and all other jurisdictions with similar laws, we will only share your personal information if you have agreed to allow us to share your information with third parties. You have the opportunity to choose to not receive such marketing materials from third parties by updating your subscription preferences.
Changes to this Policy
We are interested in maintaining your privacy and creating a valuable resource for you to use.
If you have any questions now or during your visit please contact us.
50 Hawthorne St.
San Francisco, CA 94105 United States
Contact us at [email protected]