If you are a part of the Anaplan ecosystem, you’ve no doubt seen the buzz about CPX San Francisco and the upcoming global tour. There is much to be excited about, including our platform's amazing new user experience and mobile launch, as well as the huge buzz around our honeycomb framework. I was thrilled to be at CPX San Francisco to launch the all-new Anaplan Navigator, a self-guiding tool to Connected Planning for our ever-growing Anaplan ecosystem. My teammates and I were delighted by the positive reactions we received from our customers, partners, and CPX attendees, as well as our own global colleagues. Below are three key questions that Navigator answers about Connected Planning through videos, collateral, and clickable honeycombs:
1. What is Connected Planning?https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TXRC4RhiJk We purposefully designed the homepage of Navigator to answer this critical question for our ecosystem, especially for those who might be new to Anaplan or the concept of Connected Planning. Here, our Chief Planning Officer Simon Tucker delivers the powerful message of Connected Planning through a story about how today’s business leaders are leveraging it to solve business challenges. If you have five-minutes, it is well worth a watch.
2. What’s in it for me as a business leader?Once you understand the message of Connected Planning and the dynamic, collaborative, and flexible business planning power that Anaplan enables, you’ll likely wonder what it means for business leaders like you. Whether you are in sales, finance, or supply chain, Anaplan Navigator allows you to choose the starting point that resonates and suits your level of readiness and knowledge. You can explore an extensive library of resources on the site including: Anaplan's value message in a short micro-video format, a clickable honeycomb framework (this has often been the “aha!” moment for many in our ecosystem that helps people visually understand Connected Planning), and all of the carousel-section content (customer stories, white papers, etc.).
3. How do I get started with implementation?In addition to exploring honeycomb elements, you can also take advantage of the following implementation-related resources:
- Typical user base: This is a set of personas living and breathing in a particular Anaplan model. We provide a curated resource on who they are and what their role is in Anaplan. While exploring this resource, you can start thinking about the effective onboarding/training plan for your organization.
- Sample user stories: We provide a standardized set of sample user stories that can be referenced when putting together the user requirements for an Anaplan model. This is also a guiding document that helps your organization determine whether there is an internal set of resources for developing your requirements or whether an implementation partner should be brought on to support the implementation success.
- Scoping questionnaire: Perhaps one of the most critical documents applicable to any organization about to start on the implementation journey is the scoping questionnaire. Our scoping questionnaire provides a list of key questions that an organization needs to answer about its current planning processes (e.g., data, process, planning cadence, the desired outcome, etc.) prior to embarking on the implementation journey. With this collateral, you can get a head-start to success.