PREDICTIVE SALES PLANNING
Optimize your sales strategy and effectively mobilize your teams with a sales plan built on predictive intelligence
Predictive sales planning software that turns strategy into results
Effective sales leaders drive revenue by aligning the sales strategy and resources to the market opportunities that best support their commercial goals.
Predictive sales planning integrates the key building blocks of your strategy, including quota planning, territory planning, account segmentation, and sales capacity planning, and infuses them with AI-powered insights. By connecting each of these components and surfacing actionable intelligence, sales leaders can optimize resources to increase sales productivity and drive more top-line revenue.
Predictive sales planning software enables faster, data-driven decision-making while helping sales teams focus their efforts on those activities and opportunities in a way that both drives growth and streamlines revenue operations.
Learn more with these related pieces
PREDICTIVE SALES PLANNING SOLUTION USE CASES
Predictive Account Segmentation and Scoring
Every sales organization faces the universal constraints of people, time, and money. We would all sell to every customer in every market if it was feasible. In order to be effective, you need to focus on customers with the highest potential.
Anaplan Predictive Account Segmentation and Scoring augments internal data with predictive attributes about profile fit and buyer intent data to target and prioritize accounts with the highest propensity to buy, providing your sellers with the focus they need to be successful. Here’s how:
- Match each account with the ideal sales rep(s) and prioritize customers with the greatest revenue potential.
- Segment and categorize prospective customers by modeling historical data with predictive indicators to prioritize and target accounts with the highest propensity to buy.
- Calculate total available market (TAM) by accounts, segments, industries, and geographies.
- Blend and weight subjective inputs and experiential knowledge from the sales organization into account scores.
- Receive net-new prospect recommendations for accounts not currently in your CRM database, but that display a high propensity to want to buy your products or services.
- Analyze market segments and prospective buyers with built-in dashboards, reporting, and analytics with data visualization.
- Build target account lists based on any number of criteria, including industry, revenue, size, relationship, or growth potential, to assess the impact to territories, quotas, and revenue.
- Harmonize your account segmentation strategy with your territory plans, ensuring that territories cover the right accounts.
Predictive Territory Planning
The most effective territory plans maximize market coverage and revenue potential by pairing sellers with the right accounts—but with countless ways to define territories, how do you ensure that you have the right coverage?
Anaplan Predictive Territory Planning removes the guesswork by leveraging predictive insights to carve out potential sales territories across dimensions while optimizing market coverage to give your sellers the best chance to hit their revenue goals. With Predictive Territory Planning you can:
- Build simple-to-complex territory plans that incorporate the right data and hierarchies, including account potential, administrative and travel time, salespeople’s selling history, projected time from lead to close, regional trends, and more.
- Use advanced modeling to create “what-if” scenarios that test new territory options and calculate projected impacts on overall sales.
- Evaluate potential growth or expansion to accurately determine headcount or other resource needs.
- Easily adjust territory plans to accommodate changes in headcount, market developments, or new business priorities.
- Integrate your territory plans with your quota plans and incentive compensation strategy, ensuring that territories and quotas remain aligned.
- Design and model potential territory structures across multiple dimensions (i.e., geography, industry, product, division, named account, etc.).
- Carve equitable territory plans based on historical data, total available market (TAM), active sales pipeline, marketing investments, potential spend, and predictive insights.
Predictive Quota Planning
Sales targets should be inspirational yet obtainable, pushing sellers to perform their best while also driving revenue. Predictive Quota Planning with Anaplan leverages predictive insights to design quotas that are motivating to sellers and calibrated to achieve the revenue goals of the business. Here’s how you can use it to build more strategic quota plans:
- Use scenario planning, advanced modeling, and machine learning to construct quotas optimized for each rep.
- Automatically build quotas using a wide range of data, including account size, individual rep history, account potential, pipeline needs, and more.
- Dynamically roll-up or drill-down into quota data in real-time, giving sales teams, executives, and individual reps detailed insight into sales performance.
- Drive intelligent quota allocations by leveraging predictive insights, buying signals, and intent information.
- Link quotas to the incentive compensation strategy, keeping salespeople aligned to the organization’s revenue goals.
- Set and distribute quotas before the fiscal year begins, not weeks or months afterward.
- Manage the entire sales strategy, including quotas, territories, sales compensation plans, and more, on a single platform.
Predictive Sales Capacity Planning
Understanding the likelihood of your sellers’ ability to achieve their targets is equally important to the quotas themselves. Sales capacity is the most accurate predictor to forecast achievement and can be a great competitive advantage.
Anaplan Predictive Sales Capacity Planning optimizes coverage models across sales factors and buyer propensity insights to help achieve revenue targets. Here’s how:
- Calculate capacity across sales channels (and identify gaps and blind spots) to determine the propensity to hit sales targets.
- Identify and model potential strategies (i.e., win rates, sales duration, average selling price, conversion rates, discount percentages, etc.) to optimize sales coverage.
- Increase seller productivity by modeling capacity with buyer propensity and intent data to help focus sellers on the right accounts.
- Simulate sales headcount changes, organizational growth, and the potential revenue impact to organizational realignments and restructuring.