Anaplan for Sales Planning
Organize your sales opportunities
and effectively mobilize your sales team with intelligent
Sales planning software that turns strategy into execution
Efficiently structuring your market opportunities and deploying your sales team to match is how sales leaders translate high-level strategy into execution in the field.
Sales planning integrates the key building blocks of your sales strategy: quota planning, territory planning, account segmentation, and sales coverage. By optimizing these and connecting them to one another, you can dramatically increase the productivity of your sales force, reducing attrition and advancing the company’s bottom line.
Sales planning software with Anaplan gives you the flexibility, modeling capacity, and data transparency you need to stay proactive, keep sales reps efficient, and expand opportunities across the market.
Learn more with these related pieces
Sales Planning Solution Use Cases
Sales Quota Planning
Sales quotas should be inspirational and obtainable, pushing salespeople to perform their best while also increasing overall revenue. Sales quota planning with Anaplan lets you set a specific quota for each rep, while giving you the advanced calculations needed to roll quotas out on time.
With advanced modeling and “what if” scenario planning, you can set quotas using historical data, rep capability, account potential, territories, and other data sources, making sure your quotas are both motivating and achievable.
- Use scenario planning, advanced modeling, and machine learning to construct quotas optimized for each rep
- Set quotas before the year begins, not weeks or months afterwards
- Automatically build quotas using a wide range of data, including account size, individual rep history, account potential, pipeline needs, and more
- Roll up or drill down into quota data in seconds, giving teams, executives, and individual reps detailed insight into sales performance
- Link quotas to your larger incentive compensation strategy, keeping salespeople aligned to the organization’s revenue goals
With Anaplan, you can deliver timely, accurate quotas calibrated to raise the bottom line.
Sales Territory Planning
The most effective territory plans increase sales by pairing reps with the accounts that best utilize their strengths, maximizing the potential of every market opportunity. With territory planning in Anaplan, you can optimize your territories for maximum revenue and sales rep motivation.
- Build territory plans that incorporate the right data, including account potential, administrative and travel time, salespeople’s selling history, projected time from lead to close, regional trends, and more
- Use advanced modeling to create “what-if” scenarios that test new territory options and calculate projected impacts on overall sales
- Evaluate potential growth or expansion to accurately determine headcount or other resource needs
- Easily adjust territory plans to accommodate changes in headcount, market devel opments, or new business priorities
- Integrate your territory plans with your quota plans and incentive compensation strategy, ensuring that territories and quotas remain aligned
With the Anaplan platform, you can create a territory plan ideally suited to your business and your sales team.
Sales Capacity Planning
- Identify gaps in sales coverage and calculate the best approaches to solving them
- Model potential coverage scenarios and assess their effectiveness
- Align top-down quota models and bottom-up analytical models
- Improve your sales forecasts by allocating resources where they’re needed
Account Segmentation and Scoring
- Quickly segment accounts by any number of criteria, including industry, revenue, size, relationship, or growth potential, to assess the impact to territories, quotas, and revenue
- Match each account with the ideal sales rep(s)
- Prioritize customers with the greatest revenue potential
- Harmonize your account segmentation strategy with your territory plans, ensuring that territories cover the right accounts