We kicked off HUB 2014 on Monday, with a full day of advanced Anaplan training for our power users. In these in-depth sessions, users delved into optimizing their understanding and usage of lists and planning hierarchies, top-down and bottoms-up modules and advanced formulas, dashboards and charting, and other Anaplan features that can help create a truly customized app. It wasn’t all work and no play though—we treated attendees to an exclusive view of an SF Giants game.
We also hosted a partner summit Monday afternoon, which culminated in our AppHub Founding Member Awards presentation. We are pleased to honor the following partners:
- Alvarez & Marsal, accepted by Michael Wright (or Tom Phelps)
- Abacist Group, accepted by Bill Aiken
- BetterVu , accepted by Mitch Max
- Blueline Planning, accepted by Craig Their (or Gary Connors)
- Deloitte Tax, accepted by Dan DeRocco
- Cognizant, accepted by Richard Engel
- Twelve Consulting, accepted by Jill King
- Workforce Insight, accepted by Mike Emsley
- EyeOn, accepted by Jan Veerman
Tuesday’s Big News: Anaplan’s Series D Funding
Tuesday kicked off with a bang, as we shared our big news: Anaplan has completed its Series D round of $100 million in financing. Led by DFJ Growth, the round includes investments from Brookside Capital, Coatue Management, Sands Capital Management, and Workday, as well as all of Anaplan’s current investors, Granite Ventures, Meritech Capital Partners, salesforce.com, and Shasta Ventures. Randy Glein, Managing Director at DFJ Growth, will join Anaplan’s Board of Directors.
“Core to our vision is the belief that transformation for hyper-growth and hyper-change organizations comes through empowered business users, who must be able to work with trusted data and collaborate on plans without barriers,” said Fred Laluyaux, CEO of Anaplan. “As we take on the largest investment in our company’s history, we are extremely pleased that Anaplan was able bring together such strategic, forward-thinking partners to support our next wave of growth and disruption. I’m thrilled to welcome Randy Glein to our board.”
The new round of funding received favorable coverage in a number of publications including Wall Street Journal, Forbes, Reuters, Bloomberg BusinessWeek, and others. Here are a few links to coverage:
- Anaplan Rakes in $100M In Series D Funding And Announces Anaplan Hub, Tech Crunch
- Making the best use of companies’ money pays off: Anaplan raises $100M, VentureBeat
- Anaplan Raises $100 Million Despite Tougher Enterprise-Tech Outlook, The Wall Street Journal
- Despite Tech Stock Turbulence, Anaplan Raises $100 Million For Planning Software, Forbes
Tuesday’s Conference Highlights
More than 800 Anaplanners converged on UCSF’s Mission Bay Conference Center bright and early on Tuesday, ready to soak up best practices and hear how other Anaplan clients are making the most of their custom apps. Despite the unseasonably warm and sunny San Francisco weather, attendees kept the sessions lively, sharing their key takeaways on social media, and asking questions during live Q&A sessions.
A few social highlights:
— Guillaume Arnaud (@Guillaume_usa) May 13, 2014
Today, we round out the final day of Hub 2014 with some great sessions covering Sales, Finance, and Operations.