This is the fourth in a series of blog posts about sales and operations planning (S&OP), written by Ed Lewis, S&OP expert and Valizant CEO. As discussed in S&OP vital signs to survive and thrive, too many companies have not fully realized the benefits of their S&OP program—and often, the barrier to higher value is a gap in the S&OP foundation. A check of the S&OP vital signs can determine if any foundational elements are missing. This blog will discuss the third vital sign that will help drive the corrective action needed to close the gaps in your S&OP processes. But first, a quick recap of the S&OP vital signs:
- Executive support and participation in the S&OP process (read more)
- Fully cross-functional S&OP scope (read more)
- Practicing constructive issue resolution
- Minimal process compromise imposed by technology
- Support positions with facts and data.
- No put-downs or personal attacks.
- No side conversations.