Anaplan exceeds $200M in billings, adds more than 200 new customers in fiscal year 2018
Company also added 45 partner apps, launched partner and customer communities, and received accolades for product innovations
SAN FRANCISCO, Calif., February 27, 2018 — Anaplan, a leading platform provider driving a new age of connected planning, today announced that the company’s strong momentum continued in fiscal year 2018. The company has surpassed $200 million in billings since going to market seven years ago. An increasing demand for connected planning brought Anaplan’s total customer base to more than 850 during a fiscal year in which the company launched innovative products and apps, created unique communities for customers and partners, and received widespread recognition for its innovative connected planning platform.
Highlights from fiscal year 2018 include:
- Anaplan welcomed over 200 net new, global customers
- Anaplan raised $60 million and was valued at $1.4 billion in a funding round to drive global growth initiatives
- Anaplan launched the Anaplan Community for customers and a Partner Community to better inform, engage, and collaborate with our ecosystem
- The company deepened its partnerships with Accenture, Bain, Deloitte, McKinsey, and Slalom, accelerating growth to deliver value to customers. Partners contributed 45 new apps to the Anaplan App Hub, which offers 250+ planning apps overall
- The company continued product innovation, including the launch of the planning industry’s first Bring Your Own Key (BYOK) encryption solution
- The Customer First initiative was founded, centering on exceeding customer needs and expectations
- Anaplan was named a Leader in the 2017 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Cloud Strategic Corporate Performance Management1 and a Leader in the 2018 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Sales Performance Management2 for a second consecutive year
- Among many recognitions, Anaplan was awarded first place on the 2017 Entrepreneur 360 list
- In 2017, almost 3,000 planning professionals attended Anaplan Hub events in APAC, Europe, and the U.S.
Seagate Technology, a global leader in data storage solutions, is leveraging Anaplan to connect data, people, and plans. “Before Anaplan, we had a very disconnected planning process with over a dozen independent applications,” said Jeff Brobst, Vice President, Finance, Seagate Technology. “We saw Anaplan’s connected planning benefits by starting with our finance business and then expanding it to other divisions. We started with our corporate FP&A team for financial budgets, then our revenue planning team realized the value with revenue planning, and one of our units is using it for demand planning. We have reduced our overall spend on planning software and support, and our planning process has become more agile. We are able to see impacts of changes more quickly.”
“I am proud to share that our Customer First approach and commitment to innovation have yielded significant customer, billings, and talent growth,” said Frank Calderoni, President and CEO, Anaplan. “We are taking speed and innovation to a whole new level, and this is just the beginning. As our customers have consistently stated, Anaplan’s dynamic, collaborative, and intelligent approach to connected planning allows them to drive confident business decisions. It is clear that Anaplan is the only connected planning platform that meets the needs of global enterprise organizations.”
Anaplan’s Hub 2018 event will take place in Las Vegas from March 5-7, where influential thinker and best-selling author Malcolm Gladwell will be a keynote speaker. The event features more than 100 focused breakout sessions that provide practical ideas for transforming daily planning tasks. Over 150 Anaplan customers, experts, and thought leaders will be at the event to present creative ways to address complex planning challenges and lead special training sessions.
1Gartner “Magic Quadrant for Cloud Strategic Corporate Performance Management Solutions,” Chris Iervolino and John Van Decker, June 29, 2017.
2Gartner, “Magic Quadrant for Sales Performance Management,” Melissa A. Hilbert, Tad Travis, Julian Poulter, January 15, 2018.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Anaplan is driving a new age of connected planning. Large and fast-growing organizations use Anaplan’s cloud platform in every business function to make better-informed plans and decisions, and to drive faster, more effective planning processes. Anaplan also provides support, training, and planning transformation advisory services. Anaplan is a privately held company based in San Francisco with 20 offices and over 175 expert partners worldwide. To learn more, visit anaplan.com.