Anaplan Records Triple-Digit Worldwide Growth in 2013, Solidifies Position as Enterprise Business Modeling and Planning Leader
Global demand for in-memory platform drives third straight year of record growth
San Francisco – February 4, 2014 – Anaplan, the leader of cloud-based, in-memory business modeling and planning for sales, operations, and finance, today announced strong worldwide growth for 2013. In 2013, Anaplan quadrupled its global customer base and its revenue, year over year. The growth was driven by global demand for the company’s intuitive, in-memory modeling and planning platform that delivers the immediacy and accessibility required by business users to make faster and more informed decisions.
The company kicked off its third straight year of expansion with the launch of its European headquarters in Paris in February, followed by the opening of additional offices in Stockholm in March and Utrecht, Netherlands in August. Anaplan also launched its Southeast Asia presence in March with the opening of an office in Singapore, while continuing to develop its partner activities in Australia and New Zealand. With previously established offices in York and Windsor, Anaplan expanded further in the UK in 2013 with the acquisition of Vue Analytics, its Master Reseller in region. Anaplan currently operates nine global offices, with additional offices scheduled to open in the first half of 2014, delivering on the company’s promise to expand globally and bring its unique modeling and planning platform to local markets. In 2013, Anaplan added more than 100 blue chip customers, including industry leaders Akamai, Aviva, Boston Scientific, Condé Nast, HP, Intuit, and Procter & Gamble, who selected Anaplan to stay ahead of critical business events, rapidly model potential impacts, and course correct on the fly.
“We’ve booked several multi-million-dollar deals over the last year, but this does not come as a surprise as the unprecedented rate of expansion we’re experiencing is reflective of the significant need companies have for accessible, agile analytics for their business users,” said Anaplan CEO Frederic Laluyaux. “Companies can easily pull massive volumes of data into a central hub on which business users can instantly run complex scenarios, what-if analysis, and build plans using Anaplan’s in-memory calculation and modeling engine. We’re seeing customers run scenarios with 100 billion populated cells with thousands of users collaborating at once.”
Anaplan’s cloud-based platform is built on the patented, in-memory HyperBlock™ calculation engine that delivers unparalleled immediacy, power, and scale. Anaplan’s intuitive user interface, integrated community, and ease of adoption promote collaboration across Sales, Marketing, Finance, IT and other enterprise departments. In 2013, steady Anaplan customers including Kimberly-Clark expanded Anaplan to more users and use cases across their enterprises.
Additional 2013 Highlights
- Anaplan tripled its partner ecosystem to include key companies such as Deloitte and Accenture.
- Anaplan tripled its employee headcount including an expansion of the company’s senior leadership team with the addition of strategic sales, engineering and product hires.
- In March 2013, Anaplan acquired software resellers Vue Analytics (UK) and Cloud EPM (Asia Pacific region).
- In March 2013, Anaplan closed a Series C venture capital funding round of $33 million led by Meritech Capital Partners with additional funding from Salesforce.com and other strategic investors.
- Anaplan held its first annual Hub Conference in May at San Francisco’s Yerba Buena Center for the Arts, followed by its first annual user conference in Europe in October at the London Film Museum. Anaplan Hub is a two-day conference where Anaplan customers and industry experts gather to discuss how analytics, data, and usability are converging to redefine the way organizations model and plan for the future. The inaugural San Francisco event drew more than 300 attendees, and plans are already in place for the 2014 conference.
- Anaplan expanded its app library to over 100 templates, including its cloud-based financial consolidation app, to connect data, process, and people across Sales, Operations, and Finance.
Anaplan is disrupting the world of business modeling and planning. We built our platform from the ground up to empower companies to plan, collaborate, and act—in real time. Stay ahead of critical business events, rapidly model potential impacts and course correct on the fly. With Anaplan’s cloud-based platform, you can continuously align your people, plans and spend to your market opportunities. Anaplan is a privately held company, headquartered in San Francisco, CA with global offices on four continents.